My kids love chicken, fruit, and pasta. Veggies are another story. They are getting pickier when it comes to what kind of veggies they eat. I found that if I add fruit to veggies, they’ll eat a lot more of them just to get to the fruit.
What makes this recipe even better is the veggies I can hide in their pasta thanks to Ronzoni’s new Garden Delight. There is 1 whole serving of vegetables for each 4 oz. portion and they add lots of pretty colors too.
Raspberry Chicken Pasta Salad with Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing
Another reason I love this recipe; the only cooking involved is the pasta for just 9 short minutes. My eldest daughter knows what to do, and gets the pasta cooking for me.
After the timer goes off, I run the pasta under cool water to stop the cooking and cool off the noodles so I can add my veggies.
I like to put very thing in this salad, but for my kids I keep it to lettuce, cucumbers, raspberries and chicken. Sometimes we add some cubes of mozzarella or goat cheese when we have it. If I’m making this just for myself, I’ll add spinach and avocado too.
You can use whatever kind of cooked chicken you like. It tastes great with this salad when seasoned with garlic salt or you could even get a rotisserie chicken from the store.
- 12 oz Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- ½ cucumber
- 1 cup Raspberries
- ½ head of Ice Berg Lettuce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- ¼ cup sugar
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain under cold running water to stop the cooking and set aside.
- Make the poppy seed dressing by whisking the yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, poppy seeds, and sugar together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine Pasta, chicken, cucumber, lettuce and raspberries in a large bowl and serve with dressing and any salad toppings like nuts, croutons, bacon or shredded cheese.
The poppy seed dressing is really addictive, but my kids don’t really like dressing. They are so weird, I know! So I leave it on the side and let people add as much or as little as they like. I like a LOT on mine!
You can find Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta at your local Walmart. There you can find an in store coupon for $0.55 off starting 6/22/15; offer expires 8/2/15. Find a $1.00 off coupon on any two Garden Delight items in most newspapers on 6/28/15 (while supplies last).
Serve this amazing salad as a side or a complete meal, either way, your children will be happy and you’ll be happy to know that they got a good dose of veggies in their diets.