I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #EatMoreBites
I used to live in a military town. Memorial Day weekend was just about as busy as Christmas. Invited to at least 3 BBQs, I was always asked to bring either dessert or a salad. Although simple, I’m horrible at making salads! So I opted for something sweet. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars layered with TWIX Bites are perfect to share with family and friends!
Although there were lots of fun festivities, Memorial Day was also a somber holiday in that town. We took all the events as an opportunity to show our appreciation, and gave out cookies & other deserts to service members and their families.
It was hard to talk to my daughter about Memorial Day back then. She was only 2. Now, she is fully aware of the sacrifice many have made for us; people they don’t even know.
When we went to Walmart to pick up our TWIX Bites, my daughter noticed the American flag was everywhere. She was very curious as to why and asked, “Mom is it going to be the 4th of July? When IS the 4th of July?” Of course when I told her when it was, she laughed and turned a little red.
I told her is was going to be Memorial Day soon. She didn’t know what that was and so, as we made these cookies bars, we talked about the holiday and everyone we know who has served.
We have a lot of neighbors and friends who have given many years, so we’ll definitely be sharing these with them
Make sure you cook the bars until they are dark golden brown on the edges. The pudding with help keep them moist so it is really hard to over cook them
- 1 cup Butter at room temp
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1¾ cup Flour
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Package TWIX Bites Refrigerated
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a square 8x8 baking dish.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth and add vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs until incorporated and then mix in the vanilla pudding.
- Add your flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until you can't see the flour, but no more. Stir the chocolate chips in by hand.
- Spread half of the dough on the bottom of the prepared baking dish and top with the TWIX bites. Top with remaining dough and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until very dark golden brown on the edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and cut into 16 bars.
Before you makes these awesome cookie bars remember to print off your coupon and receive $1.00 off when you buy two 2.83 oz. or larger bags OR $3.00 off when you buy two 6 oz. or larger bags of TWIX Bites.
What do you do to for Memorial Day weekend? Do you have any family traditions or great recipes? I would love to hear about them!
Check out these Candy Bar Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes for more baking ideas with Mars Bites!