This Cinnamon Roll shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions to #WarmUpYourDay are mine alone.
Sundays, we like to be lazy and purposeful at the same time. By lazy, I mean we like to sleep in and not rush things. By purposeful, I mean we still have a routine and do some special things.
Take breakfast for example. Some times I don’t start making it until 8:30 or 9, but I always try to plan something special. This Sunday we tried Cinnamon Roll Monkey bread made with new Pepperidge Farm Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls from Walmart as a little treat with our eggs.
I added cranberries and orange glaze for a really amazing flavor. My kids were squealing with delight and you know those eggs were gone in 2.5 seconds.
Cranberry Pecan Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
My son got involved in the cooking this day. I’m so excited to see him in the kitchen. Maybe one day he will be making this all by himself. Well I know he will because he can practically do it already other than putting it in the oven.
The great thing about these cinnamon rolls is that caramel sauce already comes with them so you don’t need to add any extra sugar like you usually do with monkey bread.
Plus, I don’t like my Monkey Bread too sweet. This is the perfect balance because the cranberries and orange glaze adds a slight tart flavor that makes you not want to stop eating.
After my son helped me put half the pecans, cranberries, and cinnamon roll pieces in our bunt pan, I put some of the caramel sauce on and then we finished putting the last cinnamon roll pieces on top of that followed by more sauce to help it all stick together.
While the bread was cooking, I mixed up a quick glaze with powdered sugar and 100% Florida Orange Juice, the perfect finishing touch. Really, you don’t want to skip out on it!
- 2 Rolls of Pepperidge Farm Pecan Caramel Sweet Rolls
- ½ Cup of Cranberries
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Florida Orange Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a bunt pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls in quarters. You should have 16 pieces, but don't worry if they separate into more.
- Sprinkle one pouch of the pecans that come in one container on the bottom of the pan along with a handful of cranberries. Arrange a layer of 8 cinnamon roll pieces on top.
- Spread 1 pouch of caramel on top sprinkle with more pecans and cranberries. Arranged another layer of the remaining cinnamon roll pieces on top and spread the remaining pouch of caramel sauce on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Meanwhile mix together the orange juice and powdered sugar until well combined.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for a couple of minutes before turning out upside down on a plate.
- Top with orange glaze and serve warm.
The only thing I wish I would have done is to buy more sweet rolls so I could make a second one. It was gone before I knew it!
This was so easy to make, so I’d love to try another flavor of Sweet Rolls from Pepperidge Farm with this recipe and bring it to our next family gathering!
How about you? Do you have any easy breakfast or brunch recipes you like to serve on special days?