With God on our side, Christians can do amazing things with their lives. All they have to do is ask for God’s direction and then reach as high as they can for it! Therefore we’re including this game to encourage kids to reach as high as they can!
• Two plastic cups per child
• One permanent marker
• One straw per student
Children will race to be the first team to fill their cup to the water line.
Fill half of the cups three quarters with water and place them one foot apart on a table. On the empty cups, draw a line around the middle of the cup. Place an empty cup about one-two feet in front of each water cup.
We all try to remember to work hard and never give up. Reaching to expand our horizons doesn’t just happen in school or with dreams, but in our spiritual lives as well.
Today, we are going to practice our stretching by playing a game!
How to Play this Bible Game
1. Give each child a straw and have them sit in front of a water cup.
2. When you say “Go!” children will stick their straw straight in the cup of water.
3. Next they will place their index finger on top of the straw, covering the hole.
4. They will then have to pick up their straw, keeping their finger over the hole, and reach over to the empty cup.
5. Once the straw is over the empty cup, they will raise their index finger, dropping the water into the cup.
6. The first student who reaches the halfway line on their cup wins the game.
7. Students may not stand or move their position at any time.
8. The only way to get the water in the cup is to stretch and reach as far as they can.
9. There are no penalties if water spills or does not make it in the cup.
10. The game continues until all children have filled their cups halfway.
That was not an easy assignment, was it? The Bible says “I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)” Gods loves us all, and that love is free. But our spiritual growth is not easy! We have to work on it and sometimes we might become so frustrated and overwhelmed that the goal of spiritual maturity seems unattainable. But what we must remember is that if we try hard, if we stretch and reach for something that seems far off, we will eventually be spiritually strong for Christ.
Here’s another great verse from Philippians. Apostle Paul says in chapter 1 verse 6, he is “confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Let’s keep reaching and watching God do great things when we do!
If you liked this bible game, you may also like Spring Has Sprung!
About the Author: Mary Kate Warner
Mary-Kate is a regular blogger at Christianity Cove. You can find her writing about Christian Parenting, Homeschool Teaching, Bible Study and Sunday School Activities, Faith and inspiring children to love God.