This deal for a free movie for family night is sponsored by General Mills Big G Cereal. For more information, read my full disclosure.
We’re always looking for fun things to do as a family. Cuddling up on the couch with the people you love to enjoy a great movie is our favorite. It’s even better when it’s FREE!
We don’t do cable in our house, so movie night is extra special. I always make a snack to munch on while we watch. I went to Walmart and found a 2 for 1! General Mills is giving a free movie download (up to 3) for every 2 boxes of specially marked Big G Cereals. So, I got our snack and movie in one purchase!
Snack Time: Lucky Pop
This is super easy to make and you can substitute any cereal you like for the Lucky Charms that I used.
- 1 Bag of Pop Corn
- 1/2 Cup of Lucky Charms Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Almond Bark or White Chocolate Melted
- Green Food Coloring (Optional)
- Pop the corn according to package directions. I usually press the popcorn button on my microwave and listen until there are 2 second gaps between pops.
- Pour the popcorn out on parchment paper to cool. Meanwhile, melt your chocolate or almond bark in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- Mix in a couple drops of food coloring if you want and transfer the chocolate into a plastic bag.
- Clip a small hole in one corner of the bottom of the bag and squeeze the chocolate onto the cooled popcorn.
- Sprinkle with Lucky Charms and cool until the chocolate is set or transfer to the refridgerator for 10 minutes.
The snack mix came out sweet, salty and it was really colorful and fun. My kids loved it! Next time I’ll add some pretzels or peanuts for more crunch and saltiness.
Free Movie Night
There were 10 awesome movies from Big G Cereals and Fox to choose from, but the clear choice for us was Narnia, the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. This was perfect because we already have the first two. Downloading the movie was easy.
First, I went to the Big G Cereal Movies landing page.
Step 1: I entered code 1 and code 2 from each cereal box.
Step 2: I choose the movie I wanted.
Step 3: I redeemed the movie from Google Play because I already have a Gmail account and didn’t have to join another service.
Please Note: all movies must be downloaded prior to August 31, 2015.
Now we can watch the third on any device we want. I hooked my laptop up to our TV so everyone had a good view.
We didn’t let our children watch the whole movie because it was a little scary and it was time for bed, but they enjoyed every minute. After they were in bed, my husband and I got to have a little date night at home watching the rest of the movie and eating what was left of our Lucky pop.
Hurry! Look for specially marked boxes of Big G Cereal before their all gone.