We’re always looking for fun things to do as a family. Cuddling up on the couch with the people you love to enjoy a great movie is our favorite.
We don’t do cable in our house, so movie night is extra special. I always make a snack to munch on while we watch.
Snack Time: Lucky Pop
This is super easy to make and you can substitute any cereal you like for the Lucky Charms that I used.
- 1 Bag of Pop Corn
- 1/2 Cup of Lucky Charms Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Almond Bark or White Chocolate Melted
- Green Food Coloring (Optional)
- Pop the corn according to package directions. I usually press the popcorn button on my microwave and listen until there are 2 second gaps between pops.
- Pour the popcorn out on parchment paper to cool. Meanwhile, melt your chocolate or almond bark in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- Mix in a couple drops of food coloring if you want and transfer the chocolate into a plastic bag.
- Clip a small hole in one corner of the bottom of the bag and squeeze the chocolate onto the cooled popcorn.
- Sprinkle with Lucky Charms and cool until the chocolate is set or transfer to the refridgerator for 10 minutes.
The snack mix came out sweet, salty and it was really colorful and fun. My kids loved it! Next time I’ll add some pretzels or peanuts for more crunch and saltiness. It was time for the movie!
They chose Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We didn’t let our children watch the whole movie because it was a little scary and it was time for bed, but they enjoyed every minute. After they were in bed, my husband and I got to have a little date night at home watching the rest of the movie and eating what was left of our Lucky pop.
Family movie night for the win!