We’re always looking for fun things to do as a family. Cuddling up on the couch with the people you love to enjoy a great movie is our favorite.
We don’t do cable in our house, so movie night is extra special. I always make a snack to munch on while we watch.
Snack Time: Lucky Pop
This is super easy to make and you can substitute any cereal you like for the Lucky Charms that I used.
- 1 Bag of Pop Corn
- 1/2 Cup of Lucky Charms Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Almond Bark or White Chocolate Melted
- Green Food Coloring (Optional)
- Pop the corn according to package directions. I usually press the popcorn button on my microwave and listen until there are 2 second gaps between pops.
- Pour the popcorn out on parchment paper to cool. Meanwhile, melt your chocolate or almond bark in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- Mix in a couple drops of food coloring if you want and transfer the chocolate into a plastic bag.
- Clip a small hole in one corner of the bottom of the bag and squeeze the chocolate onto the cooled popcorn.
- Sprinkle with Lucky Charms and cool until the chocolate is set or transfer to the refridgerator for 10 minutes.
The snack mix came out sweet, salty and it was really colorful and fun. My kids loved it! Next time I’ll add some pretzels or peanuts for more crunch and saltiness. It was time for the movie!
They chose Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We didn’t let our children watch the whole movie because it was a little scary and it was time for bed, but they enjoyed every minute. After they were in bed, my husband and I got to have a little date night at home watching the rest of the movie and eating what was left of our Lucky pop.
Family movie night for the win!
Sarah @ My Joy-Filled Life says
Yum! We love Lucky Charms, so we will have to try this! And your kids are so stinkin’ cute!
Sarah @ My Joy-Filled Life recently posted…How to Save Money on Homeschool Curriculum
Teresa Allen says
I have had something like this before but with just popcorn and I loved them. I am glad you posted this because I am pinning to make later 🙂
Teresa Allen recently posted…Friday Freebie – Keebler or Cheez-It
This would make a great snack to pack into lunches as well! I know I sure would enjoy it! Pinned.
Maureen recently posted…Vegan Lavender Shortbread
Libby's Library says
I love to find fun things to do with my grand children when we visit. This will be a perfect “project”. We can make our treats together and then enjoy our goodies while watching a fun movie. Thanks so much for sharing.
Libby’s Library recently posted…Let’s Win the zulily Freckles+Kitty Clothing Contest
Crystal & Co says
What a super fun idea. I love that you added some cereal to the popcorn. My boys would love this as a special treat!
Crystal & Co recently posted…How to Throw a Kid’s Birthday Party on Short Notice
Cereal? Popcorn? Movies? What time does the party start? Our family is in! This is a great idea and a fun one too! A perfect way to wrap up the summer fun 🙂
Jill recently posted…Wee Little Ones Bible Study Series Lesson 5 with FREE Printable
What’s yr address cuz we r coming ova! 😀
Such a great idea for a fun family night for any season! Pinned 🙂
Gabi recently posted…5 Reasons – Why We Want To Homeschool
Amanda @artsy_momma says
Looks so yummy! We are out of cereal right now too…
Amanda @artsy_momma recently posted…So much fun playing with Bubbly Soap Foam!