1. Cost: Most ebooks cost 25-75% less than regular books. Millions are even free! That means you can save your money for field trips or college funds!!!
2. Quality: Unlike paper books, ebooks never wear-out. The pages never fade, rip or fall out.
3. Updates: Printing a new edition is the matter of just a few clicks. Many students are sitting in classes reading outdated textbooks because the publishers are waiting to sell their remaining inventory in the old stock, or because schools can’t afford the new editions. Ebooks allow us to update our Blue Manor curriculum the moment we decide on an improvement, or catch an error. We never feel pressure to sell outdated books just to clear inventory and we are able to offer free upgrades on all of our book sets.
4. Future: Digital electronic communication is the medium of the future. The sooner our children become familiar with it, the better.
5. You can’t lose an ebooK: Save it in a web-cloud and you can access it from any computer in the world!
6. Easy to pack n’ store: Save hundred of ebooks to your Ipad, slip it into your purse and you are ready for a lifetime of vacations. Can you imagine carrying more than one paperback around with you? Ebooks also eliminate clutter. I have a spare bedroom filled with books. It is crazy to think that all those books would fit in one tiny e-reader and I could have my spare room back!
7. Kids love them: It really is amazing! Kids love ebooks, if only because they get to click a mouse to turn the pages.
8. Interactive: In the curriculum world, ebooks are great because they allow us to install videos and interactive learning tools.
9. Easier to teach from: I love teaching from ebooks because I can hook my laptop up to the tv and everyone can see. If needed, I can zoom in on pictures and I can print pages and worksheets as needed.
10. Save a tree. Think of all the rain forests we can can save!
What do you think, Ebook or paper back? Leave a comment, we’d love to hear from you. If you liked this post, please like us on facebook!