This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Campbell Soup Company for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
My oven broke! First, everything was out the stove and oven. I went a day without it and had to get really creative with what I cooked. Good thing we have a microwave!
The first thing that came to my mind when thinking about things to cook without an oven was the New Pace® and Prego® Ready Meals I had on hand. These were so easy to prepare and ready in just one minute.
My husband tried the Marinara & Italian Sausage and I had the Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla. Both were delicious and very satisfying, especially after delaying dinner when trying to get the oven to work. Just to have something quick, I’ll definitely get more of these convenient food pouches. Click here to find all the different flavors and more of Campbell’s new products.
After going without my oven and stove for a little while, here are some more creative meals I came up with to cook in the microwave:
- Microwave Baked Potatoes (prick with fork and cook 4-5 minutes on each side)
- Salmon (Top with butter and herbs, cover, cook for 3-4 minutes or until flaky)
- Scrambled Eggs (cook in 30 second intervals, stirring between each)
- Lasagna (Make sure you use no-cook noodles! Cover with double thick plastic wrap and cook for 30-35 minutes at 50% power, venting one corner after 20 minutes. Let it sit in the microwave for 5 min. before serving)
- Meatloaf (Use your regular meatloaf recipe, cook on high for 10-15 minutes and then drain any grease. Let sit uncovered for 10 min. before serving)
- No Bake Cookies
After having a bite to eat and trying several things on our oven’s control panel, we switched the breaker off for 10 minutes and then back on. Luckily the stove started working again, but still no oven. What a relief! I could survive with at least a stove until we got a new one.
For more easy meal ideas for your family check out these delicious Campbell’s recipes!
What kind of creative meals do you make without your oven?
Ryan Boland says
Thanks for this post because it expands the heart about other important appliances that are good for living in the kitchen. Now, live is more beautiful because one can get the type of food at the stop. Thanks a lot this article is really an eye opener.
You’re welcome. Glad we could help!