It was the first time I ever experienced my daughter questioning my choice to homeschool her. She asked, “Why does everyone go to school?” I went on to explain how not everyone does go to school, but it wasn’t until she met lots of other homeschoolers that she believed me. Sometimes it takes a personal experience to encourage and bolster your beliefs. That is why the Best Christmas gift you can get for homeschoolers is tickets to a Homeschool Convention and I’ve got tickets to the BEST one of the year to give to YOU!
Great Homeschool Conventions
Great Homeschool Conventions is ready for 2017 with an amazing line up of speakers and performances! This year, they will feature more than 230 speaking sessions, led by a world-class featured speaker roster.
Here are just a few of the speakers I’m most excited about:
Nick Vujicic – Born without arms or legs, Nick has chosen to be “better instead of bitter.” He will deliver an inspirational and compelling testimony about his determination to enjoy the life and purpose God has given him.
Mike Berenstain – Stan and Jan Berenstain introduced the first Berenstain Bear books in 1962. Mike Berenstain grew up watching his parents work together to write about and draw these lovable bears. Eventually he started drawing and writing about them too. Though Stan died in 2005, and Jan in 2012, Mike continues to create the delightful Bear adventures from his studio in Pennsylvania, in an area that looks much like the sunny dirt road deep in Bear Country.
Holocaust survivor Dr. Inge Auerbacher – Auerbacher will give an account of her time spent in a concentration camp beginning as a 7-year- old child. She spent the worst years of her life surviving as best she could with her family in the cruelest of conditions. Her story helps us to “Never Forget.” Dr. Auerbacher is living history that you and your children may never have the opportunity to witness again.
John Crist – one of America’s young rising stars of comedy. Crist’s style of edgy but clean comedy keeps him on the road for a whirlwind schedule of over 250 live shows per year. When asked how he finds the inspiration to write jokes, Crist says, “Shoot, I grew up in the south. My dad is a pastor, and I was the third of eight homeschooled children. Coming from a background like that, how do you not write jokes?!”
Best Christmas Gift
Christmas is approaching quickly! What better gift to give that homeschooling mom or family on your list than a gift that keeps on giving? Encouraging, equipping, educating, and fun, a Great Homeschool Conventions family or individual registration makes a great stocking stuffer.
Special Events Coupon!
As an extra bonus to our readers, use the coupon code BME-spec-2017 to get $10 off special event tickets! (Requires a convention registration; code expires at midnight on December 10.)
Plus, thanks to our partners, you’ll get over $70 in free bonuses when you register!
Homeschool Convention Features
Never been to a convention before? This one is 3 days of workshops, exhibit halls, and special events!
A huge exhibit hall will be available for you to explore all the best curriculum and homeschooling resources available under one roof. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes! Many of the curriculum authors will be present to answer your questions and help you decide which curriculum best fits your child’s learning style. There is no better way to make that all-important curriculum decision than to have “hands-on” access to every possible resource, right before your eyes.
- Cynthia Tobias, a regular contributor and radio broadcaster for Focus on the Family, will be speaking in the Parenting Track.
- J. Warner Wallace, atheist-turned- Christian author and homicide detective, will speak to our teens during the Real Faith for the Real World teen track.
- Sarah Mackenzie, Dr. Christopher Perrin, Adam Andrews, John De Gree, Dr. Carol Reynolds, S.D. Smith, and more, are back and better than ever, presenting invaluable sessions for the Classical Education Track.
- New this year is the Charlotte Mason Track with guest presenters Brandy Vencel, Dr. Jen Spencer, and Sheila Carroll.
- Janice Campbell will be sharing her wisdom and years of experience as a seasoned homeschooler in the Homeschool 101 track structured to guide beginning homeschooling families and those just considering homeschooling.
- Our College Track, sponsored by Cedarville University, will address theme Life Beyond High School: How to pay for and go through the process of choosing the right college.
- Parents with Special Needs and Gifted Children will be encouraged in home-educating children who struggle to overcome learning disabilities and how to continually engage a child who may be learning at a higher level. Colleen Kessler, Dr. Peg Dawson and Kathy Kuhl will be leading this track.
In addition to these focused tracks, they also have a host of other speaking sessions covering how-to’s and tips of teaching math, language arts, science, writing, foreign language, and more. Check out their posted workshop preview which is only a sample of what is to come.
Moms will benefit from sessions encouraging them to continue their homeschooling journey, despite the obstacles and stresses that may be involved. Children will have the option to enjoy a conference of their own! Hosted by Giant Cow Ministries, your children will love this high-energy, Biblical-based children’s conference.
As each day winds down after a full schedule of presentations and shopping, you will have the opportunity to spend valuable time with your family and enjoy the evenings at special events. Including performances by some of these talented speakers and entertainers:
- Jeff Foxworthy
- Andrew Peterson
- Bob Smiley
- John Crist
Family Registration Giveaway!
As you can see, this coming year is going to be better than ever! Enter to win a family registration AND 4 special event tickets to each of the special events offered at the Great Homeschool Convention you are attending! A family registration includes tickets for you, your spouse, children/teens, and their grandparents to hear the workshops and shop at the exhibit hall all three days of the convention! Simply fill out the rafflecopter below.