This is one of my favorite combinations. Any dessert with cookies and cream in the title doesn’t last more than a day in my house. So, I thought I would bring a treat over to a friends so we wouldn’t feel so bad eating the whole pan ourselves.
These cookies and cream bars were a huge hit! Biting into one of these is like eating cookies and cream ice cream, just in a solid cookie form.
Cookies and Cream Cookie Bars
I don’t want to make a regular cookie again. These are just so good it is ridiculous. A little too good if you eat more than 4 at a time, you might get sick. I know from experience.
My little suss chef loves helping make these because I always let her have the ‘left over’ cookies. She is especially good at breaking them up with the rolling pin.
After she breaks up the cookies and cream candy bars, licking fingers is permitted. It definitely encourages her to cook with me more! Add more candy bars if you want, (maybe some to the top right before you take it out of the oven), but don’t add to many Oreos because it makes them dry and crumbly. I was overly zealous with the Oreos one time. I mean, who can resist?
They take a little longer to bake than regular cookies, but you could try a bigger pan to cut the time in half.
- 1 cup butter at room temp.
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 box instant white chocolate or Oreo pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4-5 Oreo cookies crushed
- 1 Cookies and Cream Candy Bar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8x8 square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the pudding, flower, baking powder and salt until just incorporated.
- Add the oreos and candy bars and mix them in by hand. Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool completely and cut into 16 bars.
I definitely won’t make these for just our family. Not until the kids get a little older that is. I find myself making excuses about how I don’t want my littles to eat too many of these so I’ll just have another one. And another.
Next thing you know, my kids wake up in the morning and the bars are all gone! Who did that?! I hate looking into their sad eyes and telling them that DAD ate all of them.
Do you like cookies and cream? If you have a favorite cookies and cream recipe I’d love to hear about it in the comments!