Grab the kids and think about all of the exciting things that happened in the previous year before New Years Day arrives!
The new year is quickly approaching! As 2019 begins, it’s a great time to wrap up 2018 and talk about your favorite memories of the year. Use this as a bonding time. If you have pictures or videos of the events, that can make it even more memorable!
Gather by a warm fire, turn on some music, and reminisce! Here are some fun discussion questions to get you started. Some questions may be more suitable for older kids, but it can be fun to hear everyone’s input. 🙂
25 Questions to Ask The Kids Before the New Year
1. What was your favorite part of this year?
2. How did you celebrate your birthday this year?
3. What exciting things happened this year?
4. What was your favorite TV show this year?
5. What was your favorite movie this year?
6. What was your favorite music this year?
7. What were your favorite books this year?
8. Did you try any new foods or restaurants? What was your favorite place?
9. Were you involved in music/sports? What things did you accomplish this year?
10. What are some things you learned this year?
11. What is your favorite place we went this year?
12. What do you want to be when you grow up?
13. What are you looking forward to in the new year? Is there anything exciting planned?
14. Were there any big life changes this year? What were they?
15. How was this year different from last year?
16. What new things did you try this year?
17. What was your favorite holiday to celebrate this year?
18. Did you attend any birthdays or weddings? What was your favorite?
19. Did you travel anywhere? What was it like?
20. What did you spend a lot of your time doing this year?
21. Is there anything you wish you would have done this year?
22. What’s a funny thing that happened this year?
23. What are your best memories with siblings/friends?
24. What’s your favorite thing we did as a family?
25. What’s one wish you have for the new year?