Fall is a beautiful season of the year! The colored leaves, cool breeze, pumpkins, apples, hiking and campfires make the beautiful days of fall even more amazing! When fall arrives with it’s crisp air it is simply invigorating! With the fall season comes the beginning of a new school year, so to kick off your children’s writing class below are fall writing prompts to inspire them to put paper to pen!
While you want to be sure to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors throughout the fall season, there are many activities that your family will enjoy that your kids can write about after you arrive home! The best way to encourage your children to write is to allow them to write about their experiences. This fall take your kids on field trips that will give them something to write about! Writing may not come easy for your children, if that is the case try planning your fall family fun around these fun writing prompts!
FALL WRITING PROMPTS FOR KIDS
Fall Holiday Themed Writing Prompts
- If I Met Columbus
- What I Admire About Veterans
- If I Were Elected President
- What Thanksgiving Means to Me
- Questions I’d Ask a Presidential Nominee
- If I were a Pilgrim on the Mayflower
- Things I’m Thankful For
- What I’ve Learned About Pearl Harbor
Fall Themed Writing Prompts
- When the crisp fall air arrives I
- Why I love fall
- Fall campfires are amazing because
- When I go hiking I like to
- If I were a scarecrow I would
- Things I’d like to do this fall
- If I were a farmer I would
- My favorite fall activities
- When the leaves rustle in the wind I think
- My favorite memories from this fall
- Reasons I love leaf piles
- On fall camping trips I enjoy
- When we go apple picking I like to
- If I could go anywhere this fall I would go to
- I like to carve pumpkins because
- On a cool fall day I like to
- Before fall comes to an end I
These fun fall writing prompts are a great way to encourage your kids to share their thoughts and dreams with you! It can be an amazing experience reading what your children loved most about this season in their life, what they would ask people from the past, where they would like to go and what they would like to do!
I hope that these fall writing prompts are a resource that your children enjoy! Below you’ll find a link to set of printable notebooking pages featuring these writing prompts.
What are your favorite fall writing prompts?