Learning outside is sometimes (most times) so much better than being stuck indoors. Spring and Summer are therefor our favorite time to bring our learning outside!
Here are 20 super fun ideas on how to learn outside:
20 Fun Learning Activities for Outside
- Learn about time with an outside Sundial. Easy and fun!
- Use this Water the Alphabet idea to learn your letters and add a sensory element to the learning with water.
- Use side walk chalk for these fun Color Hop or Sight Words Hop games.
- While outside, use natural elements for learning. A Nature Color Hunt, Name Writing, Nature Shapes and Nature Weaving are great ideas to use nature hunt finds for learning.
- Work on fine motor skills with this pretty Leaf Threading activity.
- Found some sticks on your nature walk? Use it as a Counting Sticks activity.
- Experiment outdoors are a way of learning outside too. A simple Sink or Float Experiment will entertain even the younger ones.
- Discover what What melts in the sun? or make your own Solar Oven!
- Use stones for storytelling like these pretty Story Stones, a fun way to tell stories indeed!
- Rock Stacking are great in so many ways!
- Have an Alphabet Obstacle Course to practice alphabetical order and burn some energy too.
- Make a Rainbow Wind Sock or use paper plates for a Giant Memory Game.
- Craft outside with Mud Painting or use recyclables on your slide for a fabulous Color Mixing activity!
Great and super fun ideas on taking your learning activities outside and enjoy nature!
More outdoor learning activities fun ideas:
Study Flowers with your Kids
Make a Butterfly Feeder
Bug Search Experiment
Amazing idea. Kids love to play in outdoor. I like this outdoor activities for kids. hot summer kids must like it. I feel relax and comfortable to play in outdoor.
Sam Gibson says
Thanks for sharing these great ideas for outdoor learning activities. My sister is hoping to take her children to a motorcycle track to learn about racing. They’d love to find a place that’s close to where the live.