During the summer, we take a little break from homeschooling. We never fully quit, but do a relaxed schedule with several breaks. I am really excited about this new program that teaches my children life skills while helping them review reading, math, and writing. It’s going to help take the pressure off of me and give my kids something different and exciting for the summer.
This isn’t just a learning program! It is a massive, real life treasure hunt and the prize is $10,000 and a trip for your family to dig up a real buried treasure!
This is a sponsored post written in partnership with Brain Chase and The Motherhood.
Brain Chase Summer Learning Program
Brain Chase is a 5-week online summer learning challenge for 2nd–8th graders. Your child will complete an hour of daily learning activities to unlock clues to the hidden resting place of a mysterious golden mechanism, containing the key to a safety deposit box holding a $10,000 college scholarship.
If your child is the first to pinpoint the treasure’s location, then Brain Chase will take your family on a plane to dig it up yourselves! It’s the ultimate summer adventure!
Here are some quick facts about what Brain Chase is:
- 5-week online summer learning challenge for 2nd through 8th graders
- A massive global treasure hunt powered by reading, writing and math
- A learning adventure to prevent summer brain drain
- A motivational tool for getting kids to do online academic work during the summer
- A personalized learning platform
- A hunt for a golden mechanical treasure
- A $10,000 scholarship and trophy
Why Choose Brain Chase?
- A 2011 RAND study found that by the end of summer, students perform, on average one to two months behind where they left off in the spring.
- 94% of parents agree that Brain Chase helped their children stay sharp over the summer. (From a survey of families who participated in the 2014 challenge.)
- Can be completely customized to the academic level of your student.
- Children with learning disabilities can participate too!
What you’ll get!
- 5 weeks of structured challenges on external reading and math websites
- Weekly writing exercises with feedback from credentialed teachers
- Weekly progress reports emailed to parents
- Exclusive access to an original animated adventure series loaded with hidden puzzles and clues
- 3 adventure tools mailed to your home to help solve special bonus challenges
- Participation in a massive global treasure hunt for a golden trophy containing the key to a safe deposit box holding $10,000
How Brain Chase Works
See how you can join parents everywhere in helping children retain what they’ve learned throughout the school year with an exciting new learning experience!
1. START THE CHASE
At 9 a.m. ET on Monday, June 22, 2015, Brain Chase: The Sunstone of Cortés begins. Adventurers log in to watch the first animated webisode and meet Mae Merriweather, the star of the show. Then they dive into their first week of learning challenges. A proprietary (patent pending) learning management system – the “Dashboard” – tracks each student’s progress as they journey through the 5-week challenge.
2. UNLOCK THE ADVENTURE
Each week the adventurers have four tasks: read for 15 minutes per day, write one journal entry, earn 10,000 points on Khan Academy, and do one bonus challenge. When they’re done, they unlock the next webisode, which contains hidden pictures, numbers, and riddles to help them guess the treasure’s location.
3. FOLLOW THE STORY
Mae Merriweather and her friends from the Grayson Academy of Antiquities are hot on the trail the mysterious Sunstone of Cortés. To find it, they travel to the Himalayas, dive off the coast of Greece, and solve riddles. But there is more to the quest — and treasure — than they realize.
4. FIND THE BURIED TREASURE
The hunt for the Sunstone isn’t just fiction – there is a real golden Sunstone of Cortés and $10,000 buried somewhere on Earth. Every 24 hours, adventurers can log in to enter their guess of the treasure’s location. The first adventurer to guess the location within a two-mile radius travels with his/her family to the treasure site to claim the gold.
THE 2015 CHALLENGE
The 2015 Brain Chase challenge is to find the Sunstone of Cortés, a mysterious calendar stolen from the Aztec empire by Hernan Cortés in the 1500s. Kids join Mae Merriweather, her brother Max, athletic Sean Drake, and former nemesis Savannah Bryce to find the fictional Sunstone of Cortés… and the real one!
Special Summer Learning Discount
Brain Chase is just $33 each week for 1 child if you use this special discount for True Aim readers!
Use code TRUEAIM15 for 15% off!
Brain Chase Giveaway!
1 lucky reader will win a FREE registration for their child! This is a $199 value! Just enter the Rafflecopter below!