“Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from Him.”
Follow True Aim:
Education is meaningless without a purpose behind it. What a person gets out of any educational venture is directly related to how he aligns it with his goals. In high school my friends were very important to me. Being popular became my purpose in life. My education was far from my first priority.
Once, I even gave my friends a spare key to my house so that they could have their drunken birthday bash there while my mom and I were on vacation. I thought I could get away with the crazy scheme, but of course the party was busted by authorities. I will never forget the look on my mother’s face when I told her. Disbelief, horror, stress, anger, concern; I could see all these emotions at once and it wasn’t pretty. My purpose of becoming popular was so strong that I was willing to betray the person who truly cared about me.
Purpose determines priorities. Without a clear and significant purpose in life, people of all ages lose motivation for learning. Many institutions leave out this important element. Educators and especially parents should consider the affect that this type of purposeless instruction has on the individual and society. The focus of education should be shifted from obtaining a degree, and acquiring a bunch of facts, to the development of a student’s character and establishing in them a meaningful purpose for education.
My name is Janine LaTulippe, and that is what I want to do for my children. I want to ensure that their education helps them become happy adults. I want to help them have a strong moral character and enable them to become better than myself. For me, this means educating them at home. This may require sacrifice and dedication, but I believe the rewards far outweigh anything I have to live without. I understand that this is not an option for some. That does not mean that the responsibility for the outcome can be placed on another. I challenge you to think differently about your children’s education, and reclaim them! Define for yourself the purpose of education, stay a while, and discover the joys of teaching your children!
23 Random facts about me:
1. I am a Christian because I believe that, the bible is miraculous, Jesus rose from the dead, and the world was made in six days.
2. My favorite food is Sushi.
3. I underestimated our children.
4. I want 6 children of my own…
5. I have an in-home-preschool and currently teach 3 other children.
6. Two words: Board Games!
7. These are my favorite movies.
8. My favorite shows are: Little House on the Prairie, Master Chef, Shark Tank, and Curious George.
9. Penguins are my favorite animal.
10. I was a cheerleader in high school (yuck I know).
11. I hate cheerleading.
12. Do you like Taro smoothies? I do.
13. My favorite subject in school was math.
14. Parks are a favorite get away.
15. We are a one car family.
16. We have bees.
17. We have chickens.
18. We don’t live on a farm.
19. Most of our neighbors don’t hate us.
20. I have 40 cousins.
21. I’m an only child.
22. I grew up in Oregon.
23. Now, I’m an Idaho Mom.